Friday, November 19, 2010

The One with the Holiday Wreath


I've been absentee on this blog, I know, I know.
But all that matters is that I'm posting now, right? Please forgive me? K thanks. Besides, what I have to show you is pretty awesome.


What I love about this wreath is that you can have it up all year long,
depending on how you embellish it.

It's feminine without being too girlie
(my husband's not a fan of a lot of "frilly" things,
so this is a good balance.)


Plus, it's made from the pages of thrifted,
vintage books. Three of my favorite things!


So follow the link HERE to read the tutorial.
I have to warn you though, get more glue then you think you need.
I have a mini glue gun & I used (I think. . .) about 4 bags.

Seriously. And I burned my fingers. A lot.
Hopefully you will be more skilled with a glue gun than I am. :)


One more thing before we get to the photos,
this wreath might take you a while.
I sprawled out on my living room floor with a movie playing
after the bambino went to sleep so that I could
burn my fingers for hours & hours uninterrupted.
But I think it turned out quite lovely.




Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Now for an explanation if you have the time to read on.
I have been M.I.A. from this lovely blog for while for many reasons.
There has been a lot going on & if you want to read more about it, check it out here: theyellowhouse365.blogspot.com

I'm also doing a pretty sweet giveaway.
So stop in & say hello.
xoxo




5 comments:

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Your wreath is fabulous! I know what you mean about burned fingers. I recently made a coffee filter wreath and I got 2nd degree burns. lol
Hugs,
Sherry

Teri said...

This is beautiful! :)

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

Such a pretty wreath! I made a different version of this.

-Danielle

SueAnn said...

YAY! I love it, it turned out so cute!!

Pat Harris said...

I love the wreath!! So pretty and it looks so easy. Can't wait to try one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...