Friday, May 14, 2010

Creating a 3 Column Blog

Since I've been doing a lot of renovating 'round these parts (you like?) I thought I'd share with you some of my tips I've picked up along the way. I'm self taught so what I do may/may not be "by the book"
with that in mind....

HERE IS A GREAT TUTORIAL on how to switch to a 3 Column Blog (one with 2 sidebars)

*It might be a good idea to create yourself a private "TEST BLOG" where you can play around without it affecting your real blog. Mine is titled alchemyjunktestblog

Here's a screenshot of the website


These tutorials work even if you have a background such as a "cutestblogontheblock" background. Although I HIGHLY recommend removing the background temporarily while you add the third column.

I hope this helps! If you have questions feel free to ask. I'd go through it step by step for you but this website does it so much better than I ever could :)

and.... It's waaay easier than you think! There are only 3 or 4 steps.
If I can do it... YOU CAN!

***Adding some spacing in between the columns***
Once you've added your third column you may want to add some spacing in between the sidebars and main posting area. (Mine were too squished together) To do this CLICK HERE for this tutorial. Again, it's 1 simple step. very easy to do. 



1 comment:

Annette @ Designs By A Rose said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I have wanted a 3 column blog forever! I finally have one. Now when I am able to get back to crafting, my blog will be gorgeous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...