Monday, March 1, 2010

Yes Oar No


I know.... can you believe it? I jumped on the "oar" bandwagon.
Now I know this idea is nothing new and quite frankly I hardly EVER jump on the trend-bandwagon. But when I saw this 6 1/2 foot  oar at Urban Renewal  I HAD to have it. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I HAD to have it! I mean, look at it! The age, the stenciling, the size.... [sweet sigh]

At first it ended up in a corner of my living room standing upright. But it came with these awesome chains already in place so I knew eventually I would want it hung somewhere.
After a bit of pleading to my lovely hubby it was finally hung!!! (more than a month ago)
yes, that is how long it has taken me to blog about this :)
I've been so busy over at SYTYCD I accidently abandoned you all over here!
Later this week I'll zoom out of this photo and show you how it looks from a far and tied into the rest of my decor

7 comments:

Jess said...

Love it!

Linda said...

That is one cool oar!

Laura PARING DOWN said...

How cool! Big, stenciled, and amazing!

alice said...

Wow!! great graphics on the fab oar!
smiles, alice

Cindy said...

Your oar looks great! I really love it! I am looking forward to seeing a zoomed out photo!
Hugs, Cindy S

Teri said...

DH found an oar washed up on one of the Aluetian Islands of Alaska. (We'll not talk about how much that cost to ship home! -LOL-). It's about 6-7 feet and is hand carved. It's a beauty. It's going to go up on the wall of our coastal design bedroom.

Laurie at The Turner Farm said...

LOVE IT! Can not wait to see more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...