Friday, March 19, 2010

Changes Are Coming

"It is a truth universally acknowleged that a newly emptied room must be in want of a major makeover."Esther Bennett (Elizabeth Bennett's lesser known sister) Pride and Prejudice.


Here is the room: 



This room has functioned as a bedroom six different times  (Okay, I have only 5 kids, so not sure how that happened... but it did....never was good with math!!!!)  Anyway when the baby (19) moved out....I found myself in possession of this SPACE. ....it is time for a makeover!!!! This room will be my sewing/craft and sometimes guest floor bedroom.


 Here is the deal: 

 My  feelings about this room move between two extremes: Fear and Excitement. ( remember, I am describing the room not me!!) Sooooo....I can't don't want to do this alone....would you... um....join me....hold my hand when I make some mistakes....wipe a tear or two and most of all encourage me in this journey??? please, purrrty please?????

Here is the plan:
I want to have this done by the end of summer... did I say that out loud?? I said it out loud....I picked a time frame!!!!!.. but what IF I don't make by then????....a week with Cierra in Idaho when she has the baby,  moving my elderly parents here from California next month...... working full time..... cleaning the house....... doing the yard work...walking the dog.....teaching Sunday School.....see that's the FEAR!!! NO TIME....EVER!!!!! Wait Deb, you got 5 months....you can get something done by then...right?













Here's the story:
We have lived in this  home for the last nine years. It is our miracle home. After renting for five years and living with renter's white walls we painted  all the walls in our home with deep, rich color  Every wall has some shade of green on it now. I love color see:
 Guess what? Me. The woman who hates walls that look remotely white has picked a color for this bedroom and it's not green. Nope!!!  Guess. When I showed my family my color choice, they were speechless (a nearly impossible state in this family.) My  friends' comments went something like this "Your painting again?" 'The walls are so thick with paint your square footage is shrinking!" That color? Are you kidding me?" Fear.  See why I need you?

So here is the new color:    














  It is  not renter's white. Yummmm... spiced sugar.... that's gotta go with chocoate. Excitement!   I am going over to the lightside.    I'm scared of the lightside!!! Normal people fear the  darkside!!!  Not me. I am not normal!! Oh, you knew that?See why I need you.




Okay...deep breath ...now.... take a look at our step by step "to do' list.  One at a time. Step by step. We can do this!!! 




Here are the steps:

First: paint the bed room and the adjoining bathroom walls with spiced sugar.
Second:  um I can't decide.... yet.. ...commitment issues.  If I type it makes it real. Right?

Anyway....deep breath..... and do step #1.

 After that,  there will be more paintin', bulletin board makin', hairpullin', re-upholsterin', loud  yellin', curtain makin', beadboard cuttin' (maybe), makeoverin' here!!

So buckle your seat belts, Ladies....... it's gonna be a bumpy ride!!!

12 comments:

Julie Johnson said...

You can do it! Love the color...and its name too! I just redid my art room...and am so happy with it that I'm calling it a studio now. :) You can see pics on www.juliejohnsonblog.blogspot.com. I have 4 kids under 13, and I was amazed that I could get it done. I gutted the room, and reorganized and painted everything. It felt so good to start again!
Cheering you on!
Julie

Julie Johnson said...

You can do it! Love the color...and its name too! I just redid my art room...and am so happy with it that I'm calling it a studio now. :) You can see pics on www.juliejohnsonblog.blogspot.com. I have 4 kids under 13, and I was amazed that I could get it done. I gutted the room, and reorganized and painted everything. It felt so good to start again!
Cheering you on!
Julie

Laura PARING DOWN said...

I'm excited to see your progress!!!

Sherry said...

I have faith in you and I know the finished room will be spectacular!
No pressure of course.

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

Seat belt is on! I love room makeover!

Shel at Dreamy Nest said...

I'll hold your hand if you'll hold mine. I'm about to do a total HOUSE makeover. Every room in the house. You CAN do this. I'm excited to see yours!

Caitlin said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog, and I'm totally loving it!! You are sooo crafty and creative and I'm jealous! I am so so so excited to see the room redo! I would love to have a craft room all to myself, I can see you've had to wait a very long time for it! Enjoy the process!

-Caitlin :-)

De Javu Crafts said...

Giveaway over at my blog Dejavucrafts.blogspot.com
Check it out
Amanda

AtOneWithHim said...

I am like you. I have color in every room that we have done so far. When we moved into this house it was all dew white by Dunn Edwards. It's a soft white.. good for paring (trim and doors) my golds, reds lattes and greens with.
It would be fun to see a super white chip next to your color choice.

Your blog is amazing and I am looking forward to trying many things you have taught and inspired me to do.

rawsomenana said...

Its not the destination but the journey that matters..and your on a fantastic journey !!! Love all your ideas..so very creative..A craft room, a space of your own to
create memories ..how exciting !
Love your ideas and passion ...

Cindy said...

I love your style of writing. You are absolutely hilarious! You will do a great job and you will love this room when you are done. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

The Stratton's said...

Deb. I love you. I should seek you out from time to time just to tell you that. Good luck with this project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...