Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Top o' the cabinet to ya!

I live in a teeny tiny apt
and have a teen tiny kitchen to boot.
No fun with a family of 5!
And I have yet to talk my hubby into renting in the suburbs so we can have a bigger house... but that's a whole 'nother post in and of itself!

Because of my galley kitchen and lack of cupboard space I have had to get creative with the placement of things. Which is where this idea was born:

goodbye messy cupboard... hellooo organized bliss!
Not only is this aesthetically pleasing, I can now always see exactly how much I have of what!

it kinda reminds me of those old fashioned general stores you sometimes see in movies like "Dr. Quinn medicine woman", where all the store goods were on display


Granted my flour, oatmeal, and sugar bags still have a place in the pantry due to their size, but I still have a jar for them up top that I just refill from those bags.

p.s.
I got each jar for around a buck and just snatch em' up whenever I see them at goodwill. I store everything that comes in a bag or box in the jars...
[raisins, corn starch, flax seed, flour, sugar, nuts, cocao, coconut etc etc]
and I never buy a jar if it doesn't have an airtight lid. Glass jars with loose lids just won't do! :)


post featured at:



10 comments:

Linda said...

It looks great and what a great storage idea. Also easy to see what you need.

Taija said...

I love it! What a fun and clever idea!

Stephanie Lynn said...

Love the glass jars and how you used them here. Great pic of the general store - love that look - Great idea!

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

Everything looks better in a jar!

Lee Laurie said...

I like this idea! Looks great.

too Blessed to Stress said...

I also store in glass containers of all sizes. I have done it for two years now and just love it! i totally agree, it is convenient to see how mush you have left and it is so pleaseing tothe eye.

thanks for your great tips for how and where to find glass jars.

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Anonymous said...

ok, cool... i just added even more fresh emo backgrounds 4 my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

bec4 said...

It looks great and such a fun way to store things--thanks for linking up!

sanjeet said...

What a fun and clever idea!

Domain registration india

Dana said...

you are so clever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...