Friday, February 5, 2010

Roman Numeral PB Knock Off

Earlier this week this post was featured at Someday Crafts!! For those of you who haven't seen this yet, (and because we want this on our site as well) we thought we'd post this here today! We've been waiting all week to share it with you so without further ado....
ROMAN NUMERALS TUTORIAL:

Okay, I pour over the Pottery Barn catalog like I should do the classics and found  this:

See the numbers? 
See the drool! 
Not for sale even. Not that I could ...ya know..... buy them. So I thunk and thunk til my head hurt (about 2 minutes max is all the thinkin I could take) and this is what I made:













with a lot of help from hubby.......







We bought a $2 piece of metal from a scrap yard. Made templates from contact paper. Traced them on the metal and hubby cut them out with tin snips.



I  had to grind the edges with a dremel tool. They aren't perfect but they are CHEAP!!!!







And then I spray painted with this:

We spent about $15 because it took 2 cans of paint. I think it was worth the "thinkin" headache!!!

18 comments:

~ RM said...

Perfect! I saw those too- love them!

Laurie at The Turner Farm said...

Great job! I spied those and loved them...

simple~needs said...

i think they look great!!!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Another great job!! Love these. Your set turned out great and look so good on your wall!! You are inspiring!

One Cheap B*tch said...

They came out great! Who needs PB? =)

Destination Seaborn said...

Awww...the tutorial I've been waiting for! I am SO impressed you used metal! What an AWESOME job...they look great! Lisa

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

looks great! gotta love anytime you can make something you see in PB instead of paying pb prices!

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

Clever, clever!!

SweetMelissa said...

I thinks you did purdy dern good!!!

Kari @ Ucreate said...

SOOO fabulous!! I'll be featuring!

Corn in My Coffee Pot said...

Again, I just think these are awesome.

I see you flipped the numbers right...

still great job, loved the tutorial.

FYI...I included you in Fake-Over highlights
http://casual-cottage.blogspot.com/2010/02/fake-overs-i-likee.html

jill said...

They look great! And thank you for, unlike PB, posting them in numerical order. :)

FleaMarketTrixie said...

Those look great, love them!

plo said...

They are fab! I drooled over them myself! Great job!

Carole said...

Great numbers!

I love doing stuff like that, perusing the catalogs, or expensive stores like Ethan Allen, then coming home and making my own. I found a $300 silk bouquet years ago at ET and put nearly the identical thing together myself for less than $30.

Stacey Steimle said...

I have worked with tin snips and that is no easy task. I can't believe the roman numerals, AWESOME!!

sanjeet said...

Great job! I spied those and loved them...

Domain registration india

Teri said...

I bought a great clock at the PB outlet in Memphis. Reason it was there? For the number 4 they had painted - IIII. Not IV! LOL

I LOVE it! So far (2 years) only my Mom (a teacher) has noticed. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...