Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Quick Curtain


I made this curtain a couple of years ago.  It's easy and straight hem sewing or you could use fusible hem tape.
  I measured the width ( if you fringe the edges make it a little wider)   and measured the length about 6" longer than the window and cut out my fabric.

 I fringed the side edges first and and top stitched them  down to stop them from further unravelling. Then I hemmed the top and bottom of the curtain.



I made two leather straps (3 pieces braided together)  that are 2x 's the length of where I wanted the curtain to hang plus a little extra to tie.
  I tied each strap into a loop and threaded both on to the curatin rod at each end. I accordian folded the curtain and laid into the loops. Next I draped the top of the curtain over the curatin rod and adjusted the folds and leather straps. You could use burlap and jute for the ties or pretty fabric and ribbon.




If you have any questions e-mail me!!!



9 comments:

~ RM said...

perfect! this would be a great window treatment for a bare window over my kitchen sink! Thanks for sharing!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

These are cute. On one of the comments on my blog, I read that you had made a numeral wrong. Just turn it around so the III is after the X. Then it would be a 'correct' number XIII is 13.

dee dee said...

What a great idea! dee dee

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

Fun window treatment! Like the fringe.

I'm hosting my first giveaway on my blog and wanted to invite you to stop by for a chance to win fine art print(s):
http://theredchairblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/introducing-prairie-storms-prints-and.html

FleaMarketTrixie said...

I love easy curtain projects, beautiful job!

Andy Porter said...

Thanks for the tutorial! They look amazing. I've always wanted to make curtains, but every time I've tried they look really "homemade". Yours look fabulous!

Remodelaholic said...

Debbie I think these are beautiful. I love roman shade type-looks, I need to do this in my house! Thanks so much for linking up to the party! I hope you stop by and show us more of your projects soon!

sanjeet said...

What a great idea!

Domain registration india

Halo Hill said...

I adore this idea! The style, the color, the whole thing! Can you please tell me what type of fabric you used? It frayed very well!

Sheila

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...