Monday, February 22, 2010

The One with the Doorbell

So I have been pretty much M.I.A. on this blog.

[This is Cierra by the way]

I would apologize, except I have a few really good reasons.

;)

Check them out over in the

meet & greet or on my project 365 blog.

[shameless plug, I know. You can't blame me though,
I learned it from my mom. . .aka Debbie]


I'm expecting my first baby in a few weeks,

[a boy. if you know what his name is please let me know.]

& I have been nesting like crazy!

Over the weekend I found a box in the basement that had picture frames

& other junk inside & I knew that I had to do something with it.

So without further ado:

gray spray paint + one nail + one old ugly frame + a doorbell =

Photobucket

It would also work to frame just about anything else that struck your fancy.

For example, before we moved to this house, this frame framed the peephole.

A la Friends.

I don't have a peephole here, so, well. . .you get the idea.



"I hate Pottery Barn, too. They kicked me out of there just because I sat on a bed."
"You took off your pants and climbed under the sheets!"
"I was tired!"
- Joey and Chandler in The One With The Apothecary Table
Photobucket

18 comments:

Calamity Anne said...

What a fun idea!!!

Calamity Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

You made me laugh outloud with the Joey quote!

Loved the framed doorbell.

Linda said...

Well big congrats on the baby! When is he due? Love the frame idea, so cute! Nesting yes that's what we do as the time comes! Blessings to you!

One Cheap B*tch said...

What a great way to "dress" up a doorbell! Really, really inventive idea! Love it!

Jennie said...

Door Bell here I come! This is such a fun idea. People would feel so special just pushing the button! Loved the Joey quote!

Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

Thinking in Color said...

Love it!!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

That is a fun idea, and people are sure to spot the doorbell!

Cindy said...

No wonder you have been so busy with important things. Nesting right now is what you are meant to be doing, not talking to a bunch of stangers. I hope your baby comes soon and all goes well. Hugs, Cindy S.

Lei said...

i SO used to have a frame around my peep hole! love it around the door bell!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Thanks so much for linking up this fun and original idea! I have a son named Tate--I know one other Tate and his mom and I were saying today what a good name it is, strong and it means cheerful one. Plus cute nicknames, tater bug, tater tot, tater bean :). Good luck!

Miss Obara said...

I love that idea. My husband would think that I've lost my mind, but I just love it!

Linda said...

What a FUN idea...I'm framing a cross for my front door for the EASTER season...I hope to have it up tomorrow! Hop on over and check out my CASH GIVEAWAY:)

Blessings,
Linda

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest said...

So cute! And ah, how I miss FRIENDS!

Jenn said...

I love what you did! I was wanting to make something that says "No Soliciting" by my door bell {it is getting to be Spring, which means more door-to-door people}. Thanks for getting me thinking about what it is going to look like!
Have a great day!

C.J. said...

I love it! come over when you can and take a look at my new fireplace... its done!

Patti said...

great idea...makes for a nice statement for guests!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I love the color of the frame! Very creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...