Friday, February 19, 2010

Lobster Love (sign)

I saw a lobster in the Ballard catalog a couple of summers ago. I liked it but not for $70. Found this baby at Ross for $10. Shoulda seen Hubby's face when I brought him home. I didn't like the color...it was red...yuck. Who ever heard of a Red Lobster (coconut shrimp...yum) Up on my shelf it went.

From the time I bought this until now this project has taken 8 months. Am I the only one that does this????.... please,please say no....




First I painted him with this. (Many days pass.)



                                      
 
  Next hubby (loves those tin snips), cut left over metal from this headboard      
       into a rectangle.  (Many, many more days pass.)                                      





                     I made a stencil with the cricut (love it) and painted it with black paint diluted with white.  Sanded the words with my sandpaper green scotch pad (that's what it's for right?).  Only one day passes this time...I'm recovering!!!.   Then I Kory drilled holes in the sheet metal and  I wired the lobster with copper wire to the metal. I hung it with command strips on my backsplash. (all on the same day.)
Silver Stand Beach is in where my Uncle lived when I was a teenager. My sister, brother and I would spend time there in the summer. (California Dreamin') The beach is in Oxnard, California but who wants a sign that says OXNARD!!!!   We would always eat at a resturant called the "Lobster Trap" so this sign makes me think of him everytime I look at it!!!!   Gotta go....craving some seafood!!!! 

P.S. WOW is that crooked or what....my grandsons are here so the lobster will just have to deal....he waited 8 months to get here... whats a few more days.....

11 comments:

SweetMelissa said...

8 months? Is that all??? Ask anyone who knows me how long...well, maybe it's better not to know. Anywho, LOVE your signs!


ps...and can't wait till next weekend...you know why!!

Missy of JunkFest

FleaMarketTrixie said...

That is too cute, love how you mounted it!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

You are so crafty. I love the lantern. Gotta go look for etching cream, not a clue?

~ RM said...

hee heee, we're two of kind, then. I have a bunch of projects needing to be finished up... from LAST summer!!

love that crooked sign! ;)

Frugal Home Design said...

That is so great, and no you aren't they only one who takes while to get to projects. I am also guilty.

Prior said...

Great lobster love the way you mounted it, too! Lezlee

Kelly @ Make It Sparkly Mama said...

Ooooh! That is too awesome! I LOVE it! Very cool!

marilyn said...

Love the lantern! What a beautiful job you did. And you're right about Robert Downey Jr. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He's gorgeous!!!

Goose Down said...

I came your site and have been following along steadily Im not sure exactly what to write except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice website.

Thinking in Color said...

Nice Debbie!!!

Lauren1964 said...

No! You are definitely not the only one who takes forever doing a little project! Aargh! Beautiful projects, by the way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...