Friday, February 19, 2010

Let there be light

There was something I saw in this moviethat I was more excited about copying
than feasting my eyes on Robert Downy Jr.......he's beautiful.....what's wrong with me people???? Do I want a cure for this DECO Disease.....no way.  

Over Sherlock's entry to Baker Street was an arch with a hanging lantern. The address was etched in the glass.
                                               My version:
                                               One clearance lantern-Ross $10
                                               Etching cream & cricut stencils
                                               Candle & rocks




This sits on the rusted bookshelf my hubby rescued for me (True love....take that Robert!!!)
The shelf is on my front porch with (a) potted plants and rusted license plates.....you like????
The candle will not be practical because of the 100+  degree weather in Southern Utah... but for now..... it is BEAUTIFUL( almost like Robert)......I'm sick I tell ya!!!

14 comments:

Caroline said...

This is absolutely darling! I think I have some etching stuff around here somewhere...must find it...!

Amanda Hervey said...

I am SO excited you did this! My husband took me to see this on our anniversary (romantic, eh?) and I raved about that lantern the whole way home!

Jennie said...

Very COOL! I know exactly what isle these lanterns are on...better get goin'!

Carole said...

Very cool, and IKEA has similar lanterns in black and red. They're a bit taller, but would look cool with numbers or even letters on them.

Teri said...

This is lovely!! :)

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

Like? No, I LOVE it all!

Amy

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Very cute--must go to Habitat store today and look for something similar!

Kelly @ Make It Sparkly Mama said...

Boy I don't know, your lantern is absolutely fantastic but Robert Downey Jr. = yummy! No seriously your lantern is to die for that is awesome!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

love the RUST - especially that license plate!

Jessi said...

I love this!! Very nice idea. Funny where you can find inspiration, huh? :)

Meg said...

This is inspired. I'm jealous! And, how did you catch this during that fast-paced movie? You must really have an eye for design!

Twin XL said...

I must tell you that your posts always prove to be of a high value and quality for readers

Teri said...

I have the same issue with 100+ heat and wanting a lantern with a candle.

My solution - a fake candle. Took a round piece of wood. Cut it to the proper height. Drilled a bit in the top with a wide bit (2.5"), went down a bit less than a half inch.

Painted it white and LET IT DRIP down the sides (looks like melted wax). Lightly ragged around edge of drilled area to look like smoke marks.

Drill small hole in center of candle, insert blackened piece of string. (you can dab a bit of glue to hold it).

Now you gave a candle that won't melt! ;-D

Sherry said...

Oh, that caught my eye too! Love that. Didn't you love his apt./office whatever that was. With the maps, etc. Love freezing and staring at movie sets.
Your blog is awesome.
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...