Friday, December 11, 2009

Pegboard pot rack



So I recently saw Julie & Julia via Redbox
[ I heart redbox ]
and LOVED how she {JULIA CHILD} turned her kitchen "workspace" into a REAL workspace!
I read somewhere online [ and I believe everything I read/see via the media ;) ] that her husband was the one who came up with the idea because he was sick of all the cluttered drawers and cupboards.

Here are a few pics to inspire your pegboard kitchen:
Items needed:
*Pegboard & pegboard hooks(from your local home improvement store
*screws to mount to the wall
*paint (optional)







 [notice the magnet strip that the knives are hanging on to in the above pic?]

BONUS IDEA: Frame the pegboard!

and how about adding letters to the background?


Or painting horizontal or vertical stripes? or squares?


[photo courtesy of: toolmonger.com ]


as for me personally, this is what I'd do:


{excuse the pic, this is the best I could put my idea to "paper" with my limited photoshop skills}

I'd cut up a sheet of pegboard to fit my wall in 3 equal parts and frame them in with 1x4's. {or trim}
 and stain, distress, glaze, or paint them

It'd look great horizontal as well!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]14 tage wetter[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]erik wetter[b][/url]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...