Saturday, December 12, 2009

Old door wall

So I had this brilliant idea for this long bare wall I have and when I approached the hubby about it he said no-go :'(
You see, I'm not one of them lucky women  who get to just decorate how they want cuz their hubby's don't care. There are A LOT of compromises and debates on what goes where and how we should do this or that when it comes to decorating our abode.
On the + side, our home truly is a reflection of US and not just me.

anyway...

Here was my idea....



I wanted to line the wall with old doors! Barn doors, shed doors, house doors, old screens... etc.

Add a couch and a nice outdoor rug and

-BAM!-



You have a totally unique, paint free, AWESOME "piece of art" for an otherwise bare space!

Oh well... maybe someday when I have a bigger home.... and more rooms to decorate... I'll be able to sneak this idea into a family room or something ;)


8 comments:

Corn in My Coffee Pot said...

Stephanie-

I actually love the idea and am personally working on something similar in a spare bedroom turned den. I can't wait to finish it.

Maybe I'll post pictures for all the world to see!

I love the idea-- I say if you have some old doors-- go for it!

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

I am in love with this idea!! Hubs wasn't feeling it, huh? Hopefully he'll eventually see it for what it is - a stroke of genius!

TKZ said...

Awesome idea!! I love old doors.

Super Fun Mama said...

Love it!!!

bayleigh said...

I love this idea! My favorite little spot near where I live has a whole wall lined in doors that are over 100 years old, and I've been telling all my friends that I'm going to have to have a wall just like it one day. SO, if you are wondering, your vision comes out awesome!

Harmoni og Kontrast said...

Wonderful!!

jackieb said...

It is so funny you postd about this because I have had the same vision (as I see alot have) but my wall is like 12 ft tall and I am wondering how it will look with 6 ft. doors ....what do I put above? and then do I nail them in place or "stand" them against the wall. Help me!!! ha

I need suggestions. jacks4u@att.net

Rose Garden Romantic said...

That is a wonderful idea! I have seen that done in antique booths as a wall and it always looks so great! I would love to have enough doors to do that with! Sorry your hubby is not on board with it. I'm so lucky that mine just lets me do my crazy ideas without a word.
Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...